Basics of Indian Vocals for Devotional Singing (Price per month)
These are to learn the basics of Indian vocal music to support your devotional singing (bhajans/kirtan). Classes are 1 hour, once a week for 4 weeks.
You will learn:
- An overview of the history of Indian music and its sacred origins
- Swara/ Sargam (Indian notes)
- Alankār - vocal exercises and improvisation in different speeds and octaves
- Use of an electronic tanpura
- Swar mapping - used to read and create songs
- 3 Devotional songs and Guru Mantra
- Learn the basic rhythms for singing songs with 8 beats
The speed of the class depends on the individual. It takes between 2-4 months to go over these sections.
Price is $108 USD / $150 Canadian per month.
-Payment can be made with STRIPE on this website or
-Direct deposit/etransfer to email@example.com (Canadian only)