Basics of Indian Vocals for Devotional Singing 1 (4 classes per month)
Group singing classes to learn the basics of Indian vocal music to support your devotional singing (bhajans/kirtan). Classes are 1 hour, once a week for 4 weeks.
You will learn:
- A brief history of Indian music and its sacred origins
- Swara/ Sargam (Indian notes)
- Alankar - vocal exercises and improvisation
- Use of an electronic tanpura
- Swar mapping - used to read and create songs
- 2 Devotional songs
- Differences in singing styles from India and the West
Price is in USD.