Introduction to the Yoga of Sound: Mantra, Raga, Bhajan/Kirtan (12 classes of 15 hours) ($280 Canadian)
The power of sound in the form of mantra, song, and music has been used as a tool for connection, healing and reaching higher states of consciousness since ancient times.
In this course I present an introduction into traditional Indian sound practices that can be incorporated in a personal yoga or meditation practice or used in a class.
- History and development of Sound: Om, Mantra, Sloka, Raga, Bhajan/Kirtan
- Understand and use Raga
- Basic Sanskrit pronunciation using transliteration
- Power of mantra: 2-4 word mantras
- Gayatri Mantra and others
- Vocal exercises and Sargam (Indian notes) for singing
- Bhajans in kirtan style with the stories Ganesha, Male and Female Trinities, Rama/Sita, Krishna/Radha
- How to connect to the mantra and songs
- Basic Indian rhythms
- PDF document with exercises, lyrics, and translations
Live classes will be recorded for viewing after in ZOOM
Time: 9:30am - 10:45pm PST (Vancouver)Date: Thursdays from October 3
I have been immersed in sacred sound since birth and have learned and practiced mantra, bhajan/kirtan, and raga from a very young age. In this course I will bring in knowledge from my Gurus, lectures, parents, friends, aunties and uncles, as well as from doing my own personal research. In the last 2 years, I have been focusing on Dhrupad, an ancient form of singing from the Sama Veda as well as working towards my Raga Therapy certification. I am presenting only what I have learned and personally practice.
Price is in USD. $280 Canadian.
Fees are non-refundable after the first class.
-Payment can be made with STRIPE or Paypal in this website or
-Direct deposit/etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/rayoflightmusic108
Facebook group link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/488216968237991
10% of all proceeds go to the Peruvian school I run with Sol Community Education Society