Introduction to the Yoga of Sound: Mantra, Raga, Bhajan/Kirtan (12 classes of 15 hours)
The power of sound in the form of mantra, song, and music has been used as a tool for connection, healing and reaching higher states of consciousness since ancient times.
In this course, I present an introduction to traditional Indian sound practices that can be incorporated in a personal yoga or meditation practice.
- History and development of Sound: Om, Mantra, Sloka, Raga, Bhajan/Kirtan
- Understand and use Raga
- Basic Sanskrit pronunciation using transliteration
- Power of mantra: 2-4 word mantras
- Gayatri Mantra and others
- Vocal exercises and Sargam (Indian notes) for singing
- Bhajans in kirtan style with the stories Ganesha, Male and Female Trinities, Rama/Sita, Krishna/Radha
- How to connect to the mantra and songs
- Basic Indian rhythms
- PDF document with exercises, lyrics, and translations
Live classes will be recorded for viewing after in ZOOM
Time: Every Tuesday 1:00pm PST (Vancouver)
Dates: October - December
I have been immersed in sacred sound since birth and have learned and practiced mantra, bhajan/kirtan, and raga from a very young age. In this course I will bring in knowledge from my Gurus, lectures, parents, friends, aunties and uncles, as well as from doing my own personal research. In the last 4 years, I have been focusing on Dhrupad, an ancient form of singing from the Sama Veda and have completed a Raga Therapy certification. I present only what I have learned and personally practice.
Price is in USD.
It is $280 Canadian but could change due to exchange rate. Monthly and weekly payment plans available.
-Canadians may etransfer to email@example.com
-Payment can be made with STRIPE or Paypal in this website or
on Paypal at https://www.paypal.me/RishimaBahadoorsingh
Fees are non-refundable after the first class.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/rayoflightmusic108
Facebook group link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/488216968237991
10% of all proceeds go to an education program for children